Open Source Backup Software is software which is designed to automate the process of backing up, making it easier and ensuring that people back up their files routinely. Regular backups are strongly recommended for computer users, as data loss can be extremely frustrating.
Top 10 Open Source Backup Software:
Amanda Open Source Backup. Amanda is the most popular open source backup and recovery software in the world. Amanda protects more than a million servers and desktops running various versions of Linux, UNIX, BSD, Mac OS-X and Microsoft Windows operating systems worldwide.
Bacula | Open Source Backup, Enterprise ready, Network Backup Tool for Linux, Unix, Mac, and Windows. Bacula is a set of Open Source, computer programs that permit you (or the system administrator) to manage backup, recovery, and verification of computer data across a network of computers of different kinds.
Bareos Open Source Data Protection. Bareos is a 100% open source fork of the backup project from bacula.org. The fork is in development since late 2010, it has a lot of new features.
Areca Backup. Areca-Backup is an open-source, easy to use and reliable backup solution for Linux and Windows that performs incremental, differential, delta and mirror backups on local hard drives, remote directories and SFTP, FTP or FTPs servers.
UrBackup - Client/Server Open Source Network Backup for Windows and Linux. UrBackup is an easy to setup Open Source client/server backup system, that through a combination of image and file backups accomplishes both data safety and a fast restoration time.
Free backup software to store backups online with strong encryption. Works with FTP, SSH, WebDAV, OneDrive, Amazon S3, Google Drive and many others.
Amanda Network Backup: Open Source Backup for Linux, Windows, UNIX and OS X. AMANDA, the Advanced Maryland Automatic Network Disk Archiver, is a backup solution that allows the IT administrator to set up a single master backup server to back up multiple hosts over network to tape drives/changers or disks or optical media. Amanda uses native utilities and formats (e.g. dump and/or GNU tar) and can back up a large number of servers and workstations running multiple versions of Linux or Unix. Amanda uses a native Windows client to back up Microsoft Windows desktops and servers.
BackupPC: Open Source Backup to disk. BackupPC is a high-performance, enterprise-grade system for backing up Linux, WinXX and MacOSX PCs and laptops to a server's disk. BackupPC is highly configurable and easy to install and maintain.
BURP - BackUp and Restore Program. Burp is a network backup and restore program. It attempts to reduce network traffic and the amount of space that is used by each backup.
Snap Backup, The one-click backup utility, Open Source. Snap Backup is The one-click backup utility that makes it simple to protect your important work. Snap Backup is for individual computer users who need a simple and convenient way to backup their valuable files, and it's free (open source).
Permanent Address :- Montville, NJ
CEO and co-founder at Cloudsmallbusinessservice.com
Latest posts by Sam Smith (see all)
- Top 9 Best Free and Open Source Firewall Software For Windows and linux | 2017 - November 12, 2017
- Top 10 Cross-Channel Marketing Software for Small Business | 2017 - November 10, 2017
- Top 10 Free Antivirus Software for Mac OS X | 2017 - November 5, 2017
- Top 9 Best Free and Open Source Firewall Software For Windows and linux | 2017
- Top 10 Cross-Channel Marketing Software for Small Business | 2017
- Top 10 Free Antivirus Software for Mac OS X | 2017
- Top 10 Client Management Software For Small Business | 2017
- Top 7 After Sales Service Management Software For Small Businesses | 2017
- Top 14 Corporate Travel Management Software Solutions | 2017
- Top 7 Best Linkedin Lead Generation Software | 2017
- Top 10 Best Personal Finance Software for Mac | 2017
- Top 13 Enterprise Cloud Disaster Recovery Software Solutions | 2017
- Top Cloud Based Supply Chain Management Software | 2017