What are the best video CMS for creating a video sharing website like YouTube? | 2018
In 2018, we can easily witness a smart utilization of videos in almost every sphere of life. Be it for eLearning, Marketing, entertainment, or a full-fledged business niche, we can hardly imagine an array of things without videos in them. Just take the internet for instance, Videos drive almost two-thirds of the whole internet traffic, and it would be of no surprise if, by 2020, almost 82% of the internet traffic would be through video only.
Entrepreneurs took no time to realize the trends, and they have been adopting all sorts of smart and innovative technologies to launch a business video sharing business of their own. Video streaming business ideas are emerging from various niches and they are successfully generating plentiful revenue from the smart investment. For example, the live video itself is a prominent niche with a CAGR of 18.3%. As recorded in 2016, the market share for live video streaming businesses was somewhere around $30.3 billion, which is now anticipated to reach the $70.5 billion mark by 2021(source).
Here in this article, we are concentrating our discussion on the best video CMS in the market that can help anyone to create a video sharing website like YouTube, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and many more in the list.
What is a video CMS?
Consider a general Content Management System such as WordPress. When you want to launch a blogging website of your own, a CMS like WordPress helps you to set up your site and launch it in no time, after a few tweaks. You do not need to code a website from scratch, instead, you use the graphical interface to customize your blog and reshape it according to your brand.
It goes the same with launching a video sharing website like YouTube or any popular platform. A video CMS is a video sharing script (as WordPress is a content sharing script), that offers a ready-made platform to start a video sharing website. As WordPress is a PHP CMS script, there are also PHP video CMS, Node.Js video CMS, and many more. Below is a list of top video streaming CMS in the market, based on your requirements, you can choose from any of these to create, share, and monetize your videos.
Top 5 Video CMS and video sharing scripts:
StreamTube is a Video CMS with ready-made coding and interface to create video sharing website like YouTube. This YouTube Clone Script is capable of catering all your needs and requirements of a professional grade video streaming software. Built on Bootstrap and Laravel 5.2, the video CMs utilizes Nginx Server as streaming engine. StreamHash, the parent brand also offers a live streaming solution that would also include the ability to stream live content through the same VOD platform.
It is a new entrant in the video CMS market. However, it is showing a promising future with its Open-source code and one-time-payment model, unlike other SaaS-based solutions.
Features to highlight
- Nginx server for seamless video streaming.
- Open–source code
- One-time payment model
- Responsive front-end design
- PCI-DSS compliant payment gateways for on-site transactions.
- Dynamic subscription model for revenue generation
- Spam or malpractice reporting system.
- Create and subscribe to channels like YouTube
- Inbuilt social login for user account registration
- Native Android and iOS Mobile Apps
- VOD + Live video streaming in higher plans
- Free Technical Support and software upgrades
- White label video CMS for seamless adaptation to your brand
StreamTube’s onetime payment model is available in five price slabs. The base price starts at $399 and goes all the way to $2199.
Brightcove’s OTT solutions retain a great extent in offering video streaming solutions for Live as well as VOD model. With advanced video-monetization methods, the solutions are capable of handling marketing as well as enterprise level of requirements. With its innovative technology, you can connect the video CMS to marketing automation platforms (MAPs), content management systems (CMS), Ad management APIs and many more.
- Ready-made platform to launch a video sharing platform instantly
- Video library management with all integrated controls for users and admin
- Server-side ad insertion and analytics for video content monetization
- HTML5 video player for responsive browsing on any device.
- Cloud transcoding for dynamic bit-rate switching according to user’s bandwidth.
- Affinity to many popular enterprise tools for business level implementation.
- HLSe Encryption & DRM
- Live streaming + VOD in higher priced options.
The base pricing starts at $199/month. You can switch to higher plans with custom requirements and custom pricing.
3. JW player
JW Player is one of the most powerful video streaming platforms in the market. It offers both VOD and live-streaming solutions. Began as a video player, JW player offer interactive viewing experience with its HTML 5 based video player supported across an array of devices. With its instant hosting, you quickly stream live events or host VOD content for your audience on any device.
- Offers both hosting and streaming capabilities
- Dynamic switching for playback across all devices and internet bandwidth
- Integrated video advertising platform and tools
- Deeper analytics to offer a broader insight into the audience base
- Inbuilt analytics to track video content performance on the platform
- Interactive playback with advanced features like FCC Captioning seek previews and chapter markers
- Controls to set custom “watch next” recommendations on videos
- Highly suitable for launching an SVOD streaming platform
Pricing starts with $50/month and stretches to ‘custom enterprise plans’ for customized developments and requirements.
Dacast offers streaming-as-a-service (SaaS-based) with flexible solutions through cloud computing. It can function both as live streaming and as VOD solution. The video CMS offers a variety of solutions to host a VOD platform with all the required components. It supports manual stream archiving, mobile broadcasting and video monetization for seamless application in a business environment. With video hosting allowed in original quality, it utilizes FTP to stream HD quality videos even through simple internet browsers.
- Pay-per-view monetization
- Geographic restrictions available
- Multi bit-rate streaming for adapting streaming.
- Watermarking for trademarking videos and brand identity.
- User and video performance analytics.
- Multiple monetization options
- High quality streaming through CDN servers across the globe
Monthly pricing starts at $165/month. You can opt for custom pricing with custom requirements. There are options to select from monthly as well as annual plans.
Vidizmo offers highly reliable solutions to cater necessities from all scale of businesses and enterprises. In addition to the video hosting and sharing capabilities, the platform is equally equipped with tools necessary to create, edit, share and track videos. Like every modern-day video CMs, it also offers live streaming in addition to the on-demand video CMS. The wide range of features and analytics make this platform suitable for all kind of verticals: corporate training, eLearning, video as a business, video content marketing, customer support, and product training.
Features to highlight
- Supports both HTML and Flash videos.
- Automated workflow for video production and sharing.
- Inbuilt analytics to track video performance.
- Tools to track view count and viewing duration.
- Open source API for custom development and third-party integrations.
- Marketing management to use videos for promotion and brand advertising.
- In-video interactions like real-time quizzes and polling.
Base plan starts at $79/month. Enterprise plan can be selected for custom requirements and further development.
A marketing professional with expertise in strategies to engage customers and improve business opportunities. Interested in marketing communications and like to keep abreast of new trends and developments.