The intranet landscape has changed drastically in the last few years. Businesses are looking for solutions that can bring all their operations in one central location, where they can automate processes, manage various aspects of business, generate reports, and provide various channels of communication – essentially make work hassle free.
Needless to say, SharePoint is the market leader in the intranet space, serving more than 80% of Fortune hundred companies throughout the world. SharePoint is a well-known and extensive document management and collaboration platform that is used by organizations to encourage teamwork and streamline the overall business process.
Moreover, considering the pace at which competition is increasing, every business owner strives hard to stand out from the crowd. SharePoint has helped businesses grow and evolve by enabling management of documents, collaborating data, enabling constant communication with employees and so on. SharePoint is a one-stop platform that can seamlessly solve all your communication and productivity issues in a hassle free manner, and with Microsoft constantly investing in adding more features to SharePoint, you can sit back and reap the benefits!
So, SharePoint intranet-in-a-box, also known as SharePoint templates is a ready-to-go solution that once installed, gives you access to modules like Employee Management, Project Management, Forms Processing (to name a few), offers collaboration tools, various modes of communication, and a simple user interface. It turns your SharePoint into a productivity hub and saves you the headaches of customizations (which are far more expensive and time consuming).
Why does an organization need SharePoint intranet-in-a-box solution?
Since the advent of SharePoint intranet-in-a-box solutions, a lot of companies that were building their custom solutions have invested in this option instead. They realized that they couldn’t reap the benefits of the time and effort spent on planning, designing, and creating a custom solution, because soon after they implemented it, it became outdated. Intranet-in-a-box solutions not only save time and effort but also promote smart working.
Here are a few considerations:
1. Cost is a primary element – building a custom SharePoint intranet can cost an arm and a leg to the organization. What may start off as a small, financially conservative effort initially, could spiral into big spending once your business starts evolving and you need more and more customizations, functionality and changes.
2. Limited resources – Small size businesses don’t have the bandwidth to support a custom SharePoint solution, and it wouldn’t be prudent for them to involve freelancers or developers for maintaining and enhancing a customized SharePoint solution.
3. Easy upgrades – Custom solutions do not upgrade easily and as mentioned previously, get outdated quickly. It is obvious that after spending a huge amount of money on creating a custom SharePoint solution, stakeholders may not be keen on spending more on an upgrade. This could leave your employees using a not-so-efficient system.
4. Stay updated with latest trends – Technology is evolving at a fast pace. If you don’t want to be left using out-of-date technology, then you have to continuously enhance and maintain it. If you use SharePoint intranet-in-a-box solution, then your product will be automatically updated with the latest technology and advanced features.
5. Quick implementation – A SharePoint intranet solution requires very less time to install and setup. Thus, it will be up and running within a few weeks rather than months.
If you agree with one or all of these points, then it is recommended that you evaluate your needs and look at intranet-in-a-box options that satisfy them.
Advantages of using SharePoint intranet-in-a-box solution
Intranet functionality and operations should be intended towards fulfilling the market gaps and responding to the needs of its users. SharePoint intranet-in-a-box can shape your business intranet as per your needs and specific requirements that indeed will boost communication flow, sharing and collaboration, harness collective knowledge and transform business processes. It is an extensive, easy to install and user-friendly platform that has empowered a wide assortment of organizations to evolve.
Here are a few reasons why you should consider opting for a ready-to-go SharePoint solution:
1. Customizable – Companies differ in their nature of work, departments, functions, products, services and other aspects. Keeping all these elements in mind, you can customize your intranet and make it simpler to use and access. You can also apply corporate colors and logos to fit corporate branding.
2. Security – Since a majority of SharePoint solutions are cloud-based, they are accompanied by a high degree of security and guaranteed 99% uptime. This frees you from worrying about the preservation of security, downtime and data backups and lets your team communicate and collaborate in a hassle-free manner.
3. Versatility – SharePoint intranet-in-a-box solution does much more than collaboration and document sharing. It offers pre-built modules and functions for employee management, forms processing, document approval, project management and so on. This not only saves time but also boosts productivity and increases return on investment.
Designed by a well-versed and proficient team of developers, a SharePoint intranet-in-a-box solution will undoubtedly fill the productivity gaps and help your company meet its future endeavors. There are a number of solutions in the market and each one can fulfill about 80% of your needs. So, first evaluate specific requirements of your business and then select the best option for you.