Developers use version control, also known as revision control or source control (VCS), to keep track of changes made to source code over time. This allows developers to go back in time and see the code at any point in its history. Version control systems are essential for any form of distributed, collaborative development.
The process tracks:
- What was changed?
- Who changed it and why?
- When were the changes made?
Best Version Control Software:
Git is a free and open source distributed version control system designed to handle everything from small to very large projects with speed and efficiency.
Plastic SCM – The Distributed Version Control for Big Projects. A version control that will help you develop new features in parallel, go distributed, merge in time, and never break a build again.
Subversion is an open source version control system. Founded in 2000 by CollabNet, Inc., the Subversion project and software have seen incredible success over the past decade. Subversion has enjoyed and continues to enjoy widespread adoption in both the open source arena and the corporate world.
SourceGear Vault Pro is a version control and bug tracking solution for professional development teams. Vault Standard is for those who only want version control. Vault is based on a client / server architecture using technologies such as Microsoft SQL Server and IIS Web Services for increased performance, scalability, and security. Vault is affordably-priced, painless to install, and intuitive to use, allowing your team to be up and running quickly.
Bazaar is a version control system that helps you track project history over time and to collaborate easily with others. Whether you’re a single developer, a co-located team or a community of developers scattered across the world.
Mercurial is a free, distributed source control management tool. It efficiently handles projects of any size and offers an easy and intuitive interface.
Dynamsoft – An Expert in Document Capture SDKs. Dynamsoft’s SourceAnywhere version control software (AKA source control software) is specifically designed as a more powerful Visual SourceSafe (VSS) replacement.
Full-featured Document Management Software | FileHold. Version control software ensures a company knows where their documents are and what version is being worked on. FileHold document management software saves time, decreases process latency and increases efficiency by structuring document workflow.
Permanent Address :- Montville, NJ
CEO and co-founder at Cloudsmallbusinessservice.com
Latest posts by Sam Smith (see all)
- Top 9 Best Free and Open Source Firewall Software For Windows and linux | 2017 - November 12, 2017
- Top 10 Cross-Channel Marketing Software for Small Business | 2017 - November 10, 2017
- Top 10 Free Antivirus Software for Mac OS X | 2017 - November 5, 2017
- Top 16 Oil and Gas Software for your Business | 2017
- Best Water Management Software | 2017
- Best Social CRM Software | 2017
- Best Security Guard Management Software | 2017
- Best Enterprise Feedback Management Software | 2017
- Top 10 Best Help Desk Knowledge Base Software | 2017
- Best Mobile Store Software | 2017
- Best Mobile Data Recovery Software: Android, Windows Phone and Apple iOS Devices | 2017
- Best Inventory Optimization Software | 2017
- Top 20 Best Enterprise Mobility Management Software | 2017