Top 10 Punch Clock Software
Punch clocks have evolved a great deal since they were first invented in the last century, but they are still just as useful. In fact, with the development of various punch clock software applications, it can be said that the punch clocks are now much more useful than they were earlier.
Read More: Top 8 Open Source Web Based Time Tracking Software
In those days, punch clocks were actual mechanical clocks that employees would punch when they entered their offices and would get the time of their entry stamped on a punch card. They would do the same when leaving so that the timeclock would give them a printed record of the number of hours they worked for. Of course, this method was not foolproof, but it was certainly used for a long, long time.
Then punch clock software was developed and the world was turned on its face. This software suddenly made things so much more efficient that it was possible to use the punch clocks in many more ways than was previously thought possible. Here are just some of the ways in which the software punch clock systems have made jobs so much simpler.
Read More: Best Time Tracking Software For Small Business
1. One of the most prominent uses of the punch clocks in the business world is in timekeeping. The software can keep a meticulous account of the number of hours the person has worked for. In olden days, the information in the punch cards has to be manually counted for each employee, but this software can calculate the time automatically. In fact, there can be an input of the hourly pay of the person so that actual earnings can be calculated over the month.
2. The employee punch clock software can be used as an employee tracker too. The software will maintain a database of all the employees in a particular organization. When the people clock in, those respective blanks in front of their names can be filled. For a supervisor who is checking these records, it takes only a moment’s glance to find out which employees are present and which are not.
3. Further, the software can also be used as a planner and an organizer. This is quite simple to achieve. The software will have columns where the job assignments that are given to an employee can be recorded. Hence, at any given moment, it will be possible for a surveyor to find out what job is done by each employee. These can be used for scheduling in advance too. Works can be allotted to employees making best use of their time and ensuring that no employee sits idle. In this way, punch clock software can have features of an employee planner software.
4. Maintaining attendance records is a very important utility too. Many an office and district school have used these clocks to keep tabs on the people attending their places.
5. The punch clock software can help the employers from being cheated in a number of ways. They can let the employers know of the exact amount of time for which an employee has worked. They will calculate their overtimes exactly. Any unauthorized overtime will be highlighted so that the employers are not claimed for paying those overtimes.
The punch clock software certainly has multiple uses. The technology has evolved a lot from the punch clocks that were present in the thirties and the forties.
Top 10 Punch Clock Software:
Punch Clock is a time clock software package designed for employee timekeeping.
Instantly turn any Windows PC or tablet in your office into a time recording device for employees. Includes comprehensive time, pay, job tracking and reporting. Stand-alone and network versions available. Free 30 day trial. Completely free for less than 5 employees.
Punch Clock time tracking software to help manage your staff hours, export your payrole and office billing. Use Consult-PRO’s Punch Clock on any computer in your office. Employees can punch in and out from their own workstation and you can eliminate a centralized time clock.
PunchAnyWhere is a web based PunchClock / TimeClock software that allows your employees to punch in and punch out easily. This is an online attendance system software. Free trial.
Buddy Punch is an online time clock system that will simplify time collecting for your business. Your employees visit the website for all their punching needs – and our site can be viewed from any internet connected device. You can use the web or our apps for Android and iOS.
TimeClockWindow is the affordable, easy to use employee timeclock software to easily track your employee’s time and attendance. Eliminates time card mistakes.
EasyClocking is a manufacturer of the most advanced fingerprint, RFID, and biometric based employee time clocks, and time and attendance software solutions.
Lathem provides the best in time clock solutions for small businesses. From electronic time clocks, to attendance software, Lathem fills your time clock needs.
Looking for a free online time clock? Time Clock Wizard is the only truly free employee time clock. Manage Employee Scheduling and Calculate Payroll With Ease!
Planday is the most powerful online employee scheduling software available. Try Planday today!
Employee Punch Clock
The humble and sometimes cursed (by the employees, of course!) employee punch clock has certainly provided a great service to the employers of the world over the last century. These devices that stand with their stentorian presence at the gates of most workplaces around the world are actually meant to clock employees in and out. Their basic purpose is to act as attendance trackers and also to keep a record of the actual time the employee has worked for. Today when all workplaces use some or the other kind of time and attendance management systems, the employee punch clock does remain a favourite because of the low expense of its use and its convenience.
In its most basic sense, an employee punch clock will produce an output that will contain the date and time of when the employee clocks in. In olden clocks, the employee could keep these cards and use them for billing and appraisal purposes. However, this method was not foolproof. Buddy punching did lead a lot of employer dollars down the drain when employees would clock in for their friends who might not even have been present. This needed employers to keep special personnel to monitor the punching process, but even that was not foolproof because guards can be hoodwinked or bought.
Newer employee punch clocks came into existence where the employees did not get any punch cards but the information was stored onto a software application. This did have its own uses. The software was useful for a variety of purposes. At a glance, an employer could review how many employees were present on a particular day, what times they had reported to work and even what assignments they were on. They could build a whole timesheet for each employee, which could be of immense benefit when the employee had to be paid at the end of the month. This method of punch clock interposed with various kinds of software applications is being used quite prominently even today and employers who are using them can see what obvious benefits they have.
But what is needed is more safety and individuality. This need is answered by using biometric technology in employee punch clocks. This cutting-edge technology identifies employees through their specific physical characters such as fingerprints, hand geometries, facial scans, retinal scans, etc. The devices that use fingerprints for identifying employees are the most common. Employees are meant to place their thumbs on a particular reader device and it will record the imprint in the form of binary information. This is a onetime enrolling procedure. Later, whenever the employee clocks in, the reader will tally the imprint with the information already present and on that basis grant or deny access.
Some varieties of the employee punch clock today have undergone a lot of changes, really looking like the devices used in some high-end sci-fi movies. They might require a little training initially too, but they do prove to be great assets for companies for their monitoring, security, payroll generation and routine tracking procedures.
Personal contact info – email@example.com
Permanent Address :- Montville, NJ
CEO and co-founder at Cloudsmallbusinessservice.com