Top 10 Employee Appraisal Software | 2018
Employee appraisal software makes the very difficult task of evaluation of an employee’s performance appraisal easier. There are many factors to consider when deciding an appraisal whether it is for fixing a salary, for doling out some promotion or for demoting an employee. In large corporations, it is quite difficult for the Human Resources team to handle these appraisals manually. That is the reason software tools for the same have risen in demand in the corporate world. But if you are looking for such a tool for your own purposes, these are the important features that you must be looking for.
Read More: Best 360 Degree Feedback Software
1. The employee appraisal software must have a facility whereby different managers and reviewers can evaluate an employee’s performance. However, they must only have the ability of reporting on their performance, while the overriding appraisal powers must be given to a senior manager or someone from the Human Resources team.
2. There must be templates to make the reporting job easier. These templates must contain various columns to be filled in such as rating for skill and competency, fulfilling assignments, recommendations for various incentives such as salary increments and promotions, etc. There must be an ability to schedule a score for each of these points and a final score at the end.
3. There will be different kinds of employee positions in your business. The employee appraisal software must have the ability to schedule various workflows for different employee roles.
4. If your business demands some additional features from what the template provides, you must be able to customize it to your needs, or the vendors must do it for you. You might want to use a different scoring pattern.
5. Sometimes appraisals are stuck because managers do not work on schedule. This deters the Humans Resource teams to come up with proper appraisals for the employees taking all points into account. Hence, it is good if your employee appraisal software has an email reminder feature that can be used. Incorporating timesheets of when the appraisals were made is also a good inclusion.
6. One more important feature that must be looked for in employee appraisal software applications is that they must be able to show or hide employee data. There must be some sort of encryption that allows the Human Resources teams to read the data while protecting it from other unauthorized eyes.
7. User friendliness is another important feature. The interface must be simple to operate for nontechnical people to put in their data too. An ideal software would have a dropdown menu, online help and expandable and explanatory hyperlinks.
8. The employee appraisal software must be compatible with other software applications to better manage workflow processes. There might be applications such as employee compensation software, employee management software, medical compensation software, job appointment software, etc. working on a sharing basis with this software.
9. There must be some practical features to make the software more useful to your purposes. Having the ability to print out the appraisal forms is a good idea, because it can then be directly handed over to the employee. There must also be a feature that maintains a database of all past employee appraisals that can help managers refer to how the appraisal process works in their workplace.
10. Finally, it is extremely important to check that the employee appraisal software you are getting has a good support from the vendor. There might be a requirement of a tutorial and online help is a definite necessity.
Top 10 Employee Appraisal Software:
Simplify your performance management process today! 700+ customers worldwide. Transparent pricing. No lock-in, no setup fee. Free 30 day trial.
Ready to say goodbye to spreadsheets? Start a free trial or take a quick tour of BambooHR’s easy-to-use human resource software for small and medium businesses.
Clear Review’s Online Performance Appraisal Software System takes the hassle out of managing employee performance appraisals. Book your demo today.
AssessTEAM – new continuous feedback appraisal software for easy and effective employee performance evaluation that is connected with project profitability analysis.
For more than 30 years, Insperity has provided human resources and business solutions that help America’s best companies prosper. Click here to learn how.
Cogendo employee performance review, appraisals & talent management software online. User friendly, free set-up & free trial. Help your company perform at its best.
Real-time Feedback, modern 360 Degree Feedback and Performance Review Software. Make employee feedback continuous and meaningful. 150+ customers. FREE Demo.
Save time and work smarter with the latest GDPR-compliant HR Software. Flexible, configurable & modular Cloud HRMS. See pricing. Book online demo. Discover more.
Engagedly is a performance review software that incorporates elements of employee engagement. It is simple yet flexible & powerful enough to work with fast growing companies of all sizes. Request a demo!
Our leading talent management system provides recruitment, training, management, and collaboration solutions for all business sizes. Schedule a demo today.
Personal contact info – firstname.lastname@example.org
Permanent Address :- Montville, NJ
CEO and co-founder at Cloudsmallbusinessservice.com