Top 11 Best Web Based Survey Software and Questionnaire Tools | 2019
Web Based Surveys are increasingly preferred and used by businesses of all sizes, non-profits, governments and educational institutions. It is essential to understand the importance of surveys as critical feedback mechanism and advantages of online surveys using web based surveys software solutions.
Read More: Best Survey Data Analysis Software
1. Quick and Easy to plan and execute: Web based surveys can be planned, designed and deployed in minutes. The survey results can be viewed in real time in multiple formats and slice-and-dice reports. Also, you don’t need to wait for the surveys to be mailed and responses to be returned. The online turnaround is fast.
2. Saves Time and Money: Go back a few years and imagine doing a survey for your customers. Unless you have tons of money and resources, you cannot do a professional job.
3. Respondents Say What They Mean: The survey respondents are quite comfortable in answering the questions in the survey questionnaire without any hesitation. The web multiple ‘anonymous’ effect. Take a look at some of the blog comments, for example. As a result, the quality of survey responses are better than traditional survey methods such as telephone or in person (face to face) surveys.
4. Increased Survey Response Rates and Volumes: The survey response rates and volumes can be increased significantly by employing web based surveys. You can send survey invitations to large volume of target audience email without worrying about the cost of printing, interviewing or analyzing the results data manually.
5. Instant Results and Analysis: In the traditional scenarios, you need to wait for the results until the survey period is over; finally the results are to be analyzed. By employing an online survey tool such as LeadPro 24|7 Survey Builder, the results can be viewed instantaneously and analysis reports can be accessed in real time. Incomplete surveys and survey abandonment rates can be viewed as the survey is in progress.
6. Responses and Analysis Data is Easily Stored and Accessed: If offline survey methods are employed, the responses are to be stored in paper form and re-access is painful. Online responses and resulting reports are available online for 24 X 7 access from anywhere.
7. Professional, Branded Surveys: The surveys can be designed and created with professional quality with full branding. Additional pages such as Introduction page, Thank You message page, and Survey Closed page can be fully customized to reflect the professional approach and increase the response quality and rate.
8. Can be used across the organization: Web based surveys can be used by all areas of the organization for applications such as customer satisfaction surveys, patient feedback surveys, academic research surveys, market research surveys, employee feedback surveys, event evaluation and feedback surveys, membership satisfaction surveys, new product research surveys, and business partner surveys.
Where To Use Online Surveys
Do It Yourself (DIY) Online Surveys have become instant hit among businesses and educational institutions, especially small businesses and student community. Not-for-profit organizations, independent marketing consultants, small market research firms and online marketing agencies have also started using the online surveys heavily. For starters, the most important question are “where to use online surveys” and how to benefit out of the feedback data received from the survey responses.
There is no dearth of applications where surveys could be used, if surveys can be properly planned, designed, built and conducted? While building a survey questionnaire and conducting a research does not take much time, it does take significant amount of time and efforts to determine the objective, plan the survey questions, design the questionnaire, select the survey sample / audience / potential participants and analyze the survey results.
Survey Applications and Uses
Here is a high level summary of areas / applications where online surveys could be used beneficially.
Understanding the Voice of the Customer (VOC) – This includes:
- Customer satisfaction surveys
- Incident / service response surveys
- Shopping experience surveys
Event Planning and Evaluation Surveys – These include:
- Seminar feedback surveys
- Webinar feedback
- Conference feedback
- Event planning
- Course evaluation
Employee Feedback Surveys – These include:
- Benefits survey
- Job satisfaction survey
- Customer service survey
Health Care / Hospital Surveys – These include:
- Physician surveys
- Patient surveys
- Employee surveys
- Quality surveys
- Accreditation surveys
- Self Assessment surveys
Market Research / Marketing Research – Includes:
- Market research survey
- Marketing research survey
- Consumer studies
- New Product research
- Packaging research
- Service research
- Advertisement research
- Market Intelligence surveys
- Competitor surveys
- Offline Media research
- Online Media research
Website / Online research – Includes:
- Website visitor survey
- Site Navigation research
- Online experience survey
- Ecommerce / Online shopping surveys
Academic / Educational Research
Non-profits Surveys – Include:
- Member satisfaction surveys
- Event preference surveys
- Post-event feedback surveys
- Volunteer surveys
- Service satisfaction surveys
Other Enterprise Feedback research – Includes:
- Vendor satisfaction surveys
- Contractor satisfaction surveys
- Franchisee / dealer /distributor satisfaction surveys
Once you drill down these areas, a number of opportunities can be identified for using surveys as a tool of insight and intelligence gathering. The granular level objective can then be developed as a comprehensive survey.
Top 11 Best Web Based Survey Software and Questionnaire Tools:
Use SurveyMonkey to drive your business forward by using our free online survey tool to capture the voices and opinions of the people who matter most to you.
Qualtrics makes sophisticated research simple and empowers users to capture customer, product, brand & employee experience insights in one place.
Advanced (but easy to use) online survey software tool that comes with amazing customer service, every survey feature you can imagine and an open API.
eSurveysPro is an online survey software tool that can help you create free web surveys. Try free the best online survey software.
The worldwide leading open source survey software as a professional SaaS solution or as a self-hosted Community Edition. Try out our free version or go straight for our advanced options.
Free survey software: Online survey software and tools to create surveys and questionnaires in minutes with QuestionPro! Easy to use survey platform with advanced enterprise, professional, corporate and team edition licences. Use the best free survey platform to create free surveys, ask the right questions and get insightful answers. survey software for market research, customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction and qualitative research.
Create and distribute surveys with our user-friendly yet advanced online survey tool, then analyse results graphically. Our UK-based team are ready to help.
Create your survey in minutes. Reach your audience on every device. View results graphically and in real-time.
Online survey software for data collection and analysis. Build your own online survey, questionnaire, poll and more. Start your free trial today!
Engage participants and boost responses with SoGoSurvey, the award-winning online survey tool that won’t break the bank. Get the data you need with survey software that turns features into solutions. Try free online surveys from our survey template bank today!
Online surveys don’t have to be difficult to create. Use SurveyPlanet’s simple, powerful survey tools to build and share free online surveys quickly!
Enterprise Feedback Applications
Online Survey Builder, Panel Management and Analysis software system can be used by organizations for a number of Enterprise Feedback Management Applications. Today’s businesses have to be agile and proactive in order to meet the customer requirements in this social media era. Online survey tool helps them get feedback from their prospects, members, customers, business partners, employees and channel partners.
The survey software and feedback management solution can be used in a variety of situations across the organization. Some of the examples are listed below:
Human Resources Management
- Employee Benefits Surveys
- Performance Reviews
- Performance Plans
- Hiring and Tracking
- Loyal Programs Feedback
- Supplier Surveys
- Dealers / Distributors / Channel Partners Surveys
- Franchise Surveys
- IT Partner Surveys
- Customer Loyalty / Satisfaction Surveys
- Employee Satisfaction Surveys
- Course / Seminar / Event Evaluation Surveys
- Website Evaluation Surveys
- eCommerce Shopping Experience Surveys
- Membership Satisfaction Surveys
- Product Experience Surveys
- Patient Satisfaction Surveys
- Product Feature Enhancement Surveys
- New Product Surveys
- Demographic Surveys
- Event Registrations
- Application Forms
- Exit Interviews
- HR Benefits
- Request for Proposals
- Web Data Collection
- Panel Member Enrollment
- Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Certifications
- PCI Compliance Evaluation
- Data / Application Security Compliance Surveys
- ISP / CMM Certification Surveys
How to Determine Your Survey Medium
You know that survey is a key business intelligence tool whether you are a tiny, small, medium or large business. Surveys can be used to understand your customers better in order to increase sales and profits, convert more prospects to customers by engaging them, evaluate your employee perceptions about your business so that productivity can be increased, consult with patients to improve the quality of medical care, and collect opinions from your franchisees and channel partners to improve sales and customer service.
It was difficult to plan, design and conduct surveys without engaging research organizations and spending considerable amount of money even a few years back. However with the mass adoption of internet and invention of cloud based software technologies, anyone can plan, design and deploy surveys, and collect actionable data with minimal investment
However, determining a survey medium involves more than signing up for the online survey software solution. You need to understand the survey requirements in order to determine the appropriate medium. You could employ Online Survey Software, Telephone Surveys, Mailed Paper Surveys or even Face to Face Surveysrecorded on paper. Or a hybrid methodology could be leveraged with online as well as traditional survey taking methods.
If your survey sample size is relatively small and you have enough budget, you can go for telephone based surveys or face to face surveys. Obviously you need the telephone and / or physical addresses of the customers in these cases.
If you have only email addresses of the customers (or proposed survey audience), then there is no other way except going in for online software based surveys. Respondents can click on the survey links and answer the survey questions via the internet browser from their own computers.
When the email addresses are also not available, you could survey the visitors browsing your websites using a pop-up survey questionnaire. Obviously most of these responses will be anonymous as the visitors may not be willing to identify themselves.
Medium and large sized organizations and universities prefer to use a combination of methods with multiple media, so that all type of respondents can be surveyed to get more meaningful results.
Though the traditional survey methods are slowly loosing their importance, these are certainly not deal yet. Hence employment of mix and match of methods and leveraging the modern survey software systems will provide best results.
Personal contact info – firstname.lastname@example.org
Permanent Address :- Montville, NJ
CEO and co-founder at Cloudsmallbusinessservice.com