Top 10 Best Application Performance Monitoring (APM) Software | 2018
Application Performance Monitoring (APM) is the process of monitoring the health of software applications. APM continuously monitors applications to detect, alert, and log performance issues in the operation of applications across an IT infrastructure.
Application Performance Monitoring can include transaction processing, web and cloud-based applications, VMware environments, and out-of the box and custom applications. Many, if not most performance monitoring solutions bundle application and infrastructure monitoring into a single package.
Benefits of Application Performance Monitoring
- Instant Alerts give IT managers a proactive tool for accelerated discovery, diagnosis, and recovery of application exceptions or downtime before issues are reported by end-users, and before issues escalate into catastrophic failures.
- Continuous monitoring leads to early detection of application anomalies, reducing the risk of disruptions in business-critical applications.
- Faster alerts, responses, and resolutions to application failures reduce downtime on critical business processes that lead to loss in revenue and productivity.
- Reduced application downtime provided by APM offers a favorable short-term ROI on its purchase cost.
- Event logging gives IT departments valuable information for optimization and planning.
- Improvement on business critical application uptime increases executive level support of IT departments.
Read More: Top 48+ Best Website Monitoring Software
How Is Custom Application Monitoring Different?
There are numerous products on the market for real-time monitoring of network, web and database servers, network hardware, enterprise applications, and out-of the box software. The range of monitoring services these solutions provide varies greatly in scope, complexity, and price.
The products created to serve the IT monitoring needs of very large businesses or industries required to use monitoring applications are too complex and costly for small to mid-sized businesses lacking substantial financial resources and IT personnel.
Less complex, costly, and feature-rich monitoring solutions address specific, common needs such as transaction and web monitoring, or network devices, leaving application monitoring untouched.
Read More: Best Uptime Monitoring Services
Many small to mid-sized businesses use and rely heavily upon custom software applications for core business processes.
- Are your .NET custom applications monitored for errors, exception handling, and crashes?
- Are you only aware when an application is down when you’re flooded with calls or help desk tickets?
- Is application downtime jeopardizing essential business functionality and negatively affecting productivity and earnings?
- Is the IT department experiencing negative feedback from the executive level due to application downtime?
Top 10 Best Application Performance Monitoring (APM) Software:
Get real-time insight from your apps using Application Performance Monitoring & Management, how they’re being used, how they’re performing, where they need help.
New Relic application monitoring gives you detailed performance metrics for every aspect of your environment. Manage application performance in real-time.
Use ManageEngine Applications Manager software for application performance monitor & server performance monitoring. Download a 30-day free trial now!
Testing and Development teams around the world use SmartBear’s automation, development and monitoring tools to build better software and applications.
Micro Focus Application Performance Management is about monitoring transactions – reduce your app downtime, and ensure performance across all environments, learn more.
Zenoss hybrid IT monitoring software integrates with application performance monitoring (APM) vendors to provide IT assurance and reduce the risk of unnecessary application downtime.
Opsview application performance monitoring tools provide a unified view of your entire infrastructure to help ensure the health, performance and availability of your business systems.
Application performance monitoring and management solutions from CA Technologies rapidly pinpoint customer-impacting problems across the most complex distributed applications running across modern cloud and container-based architectures.
End-to-end IT performance management and monitoring solution to simplify diagnosis and prevention of problems across all network, storage and virtual layers. Use eG Enterprise application performance management to identify, fix and prevent performance issues, from code-level insight to hardware. Free trial.
Transform your digital enterprise with BMC IT solutions. From mainframe to cloud to mobile, we’ll help you drive innovation and industrial efficiency.
Personal contact info – firstname.lastname@example.org
Permanent Address :- Montville, NJ
CEO and co-founder at Cloudsmallbusinessservice.com