Top 11 CAD Outsourcing Service Providers | 2019
When it comes to CAD outsourcing one should follow the same guidelines as you would for any other kind of technical outsourcing project. That being said there are some specific areas that will require more attention than others. The purpose of this article is to focus on the outsourcing process itself. We will also assume you have already researched and narrowed down a list of potential providers.
- Your Role In The Process
- Specific tasks to be outsourced
- CAD Platforms & Software
- Training / Skills
- U.S. National Cad Standard
- Workflow management
- Data compatibility standards
- Onshore vs Offshore
The Importance Your Role Plays In The Success Of Your CAD Outsourcing Project
According to a study conducted by the research firm the Yankee Group. On average organizations spend anywhere from 5 – 12% of their total contract value managing the project and provider. This is a clear example of why you must actively manage your CAD outsourcing. You’ve made the decision to outsource, you are responsible for making sure the project proceeds according to the agreed upon terms. This doesn’t mean you need to be the only one managing the project. If there is an area where your knowledge or expertise is lacking, include other individuals who have the experience to deal with a particular area.
The more specific you are about the requirements and goals of your CAD outsourcing project the better. That’s a no brainer. Unfortunately, it is this part of the process where organizations tend to drop the ball. To avoid making the same mistakes consider the following:
- Prepare the proper documentation and decide ahead of time the types you will submit to your provider.
- Are you going to submit rough drafts or sketches?
- If the project is for a new or existing product, will you submit photographs of the building or structure?
- Are there 3D designs?
- The output instructions need to be included.
- Specific output documents, what do you want?
- Do you require sample output documents?
- Have you included CAD design library symbols?
- Have you given instructions on what should be done with symbols not in the design library?
- Have you covered and provided detailed instruction and information on how the object should interact in a particular environment? Or other particulars important to the construction of your structure?
- Have you decided on a delivery schedule? Will you have specific time frames for various parts of your CAD project?
- Are there incentives in place for delivering the project on time or before the contracted date?
- What procedures will be required before the CAD project can be accepted by you?
- How will you be charged? Flat fee?, Hourly? Or will you pay based on the work completion and compliance?
- How will payment be made and when?
Decide which CAD platform your provider should use. Depending on your project any number of CAD software could be used. The important point to remember is you need to be sure both you and your provider have agreed prior to signing your contract on what will be used to complete the project. Allowing the provider to choose independently on their own could end up costing you financially. As you are already aware, CAD software like Autocad, ArchiCad, Solidworks, CATIA and Unigraphics all require a certain skill set. Whichever you choose, it is vital to make sure your provider has the necessary experience.
You should discuss the desired platform as well. Do you want Windows or Mac to be used as your platform? The CAD outsourcing provider needs to know which is preferred. If your provider uses a Mac, for example and you want them to use AutoCAD. That’s a problem since AutoCAD only works on the Windows platform. Other CAD software require a huge amount of hardware. Does the provider have the necessary equipment? Is it up to date to handle your project?
Training & Skills
The CAD outsource provider should have the skill sets needed for your project. Architectural, engineering and mechanical CAD tasks all require expert knowledge and the ability to execute in accordance to the guidelines you have set up.
Whether you choose to outsource onshore or offshore. It is your responsibility to make sure your team is well trained in the software you have chosen for your CAD project.
National Cad Standard
It is important to be sure that the outsourcer especially if located offshore, has experience with and adheres to the building and safety standards as set forth by the National Cad Standard in the United States. The American Institutes of Architects (AIA), Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) and the National Institute of Building Sciences (NIBS) have created a standardized building formula model to insure integrity and consistency in all building design in the U.S.
CAD outsourcing requires having a detailed plan or blueprint if you will, that allows you to manage the process. Create a set of procedures and policies before your project begins. This will not eliminate problems, but having a plan to deal with potential problems is simply good business sense. Waiting until a typical problem happens is not the time to try and figure out how to fix it. Instead if you plan accordingly you can create various scenarios that may arise and come up with different ways to deal with those problems.
Here are points to consider:
- In the event of some kind of conflict between you and your provider. Coming up with a conflict resolution plan can save time and money. Discussing the plan and getting input from your provider means you both can agree to disagree and still accomplish the goal at hand.
Onshore vs Offshore
- Consistent communication is so important to the success of your project. Specifically if you are outsourcing offshore. Cultural and language differences can wreak havoc during a CAD project. Take steps to decrease potential problems. Arrange scheduled meetings by phone. Require weekly reports. Follow up if your instructions are not being followed. It may simply be due to a lack of communication or some information is getting “lost in translation”.
- Another word on offshore CAD outsourcing. Generally, you should expect the completion of you project to take a longer period of time. Providers located in another country are operating in another time zone. Depending on where you offshore, you may have to deal with unexpected delays due to political unrest. The inability to meet with your provider in person can also slow down the process. You’ll need to take all of this into consideration when planning your project.
- If outsourcing onshore, you should expect communication to be significantly better. However, you cannot make this assumption. The same procedures for follow up, scheduling regular face to face meetings, etc…should be a part of your CAD outsourcing management process even if choosing to have your project handled onshore.
Keep in mind that your provider will need your support as you work through your CAD project. Developing a relationship that fosters positive communication, and including them in some of the decision making can dramatically improve your business partnership. Make sure you include some flexibility in your contract agreement to deal with unforeseen financial challenges as well as industry changes.
CAD outsourcing can be a win win situation for you and your provider if you make managing the process a priority.
Top 11 CAD Outsourcing Service Providers:
CAD Services: We provide affordable CAD services, 3D CAD modeling, 2D drafting and CAD design services in India. Get quality 2D/3D CAD drawings at low cost.
TrueCADD is leading CAD outsourcing company in India. Our extensive CAD services experts provides 2D CAD drafting services, 3D design & modeling and BIM services to engineers, architects, contractors and manufacturers at low cost.
Chemionix is an Engineering Design Outsourcing Company providing wide range of CAD Design & Drafting Services globally. We offer multi-discipline CAD outsourcing services for your CAD Design & Drafting needs at low cost. Outsource CAD Services and Engineering design to us and save your project cost by maintaining high quality deliverable design.
10+ year Experienced CAD & BIM company in India offers BIM services & CAD services such as BIM modeling, Scan to BIM, BIM Coordination & Construction drawing services.
Trusted CAD services company in India; delivering CAD drafting, 3D design and BIM services to architectural, engineering and construction sector across USA, UK, Canada, Europe and Australia.
Zeal Cad Services is leading cad service provider in australia. We also provides services like Cad services, 3D Scanning services, 3D Modeling Services, Mechanical drafting services and many more.
XS CAD Limited is an established name in the Global AEC Market providing Pre-Construction, 3D Architectural MEP CAD/BIM Solutions & Documentation Services. As an Architectural CAD Outsourcing Company, we offer CAD Drafting Services, BIM MEP (M&E), CAD Drawing, 3D Modeling Solutions & Services in the UK, USA, Australia, Canada, Germany, India, Europe and the Middle East.
BluEntCAD provides CAD drafting services, construction documentation, millwork drafting services, shop drawings to Architects, Designers & Builders.
VegaCADD: professional Outsource CAD Drafting Services provider offers 2D & 3D Drawing & Drafting Services, Architectural 3D Rendering Services with Affordable rates.
Indovance Inc, provides CAD outsourcing, design drafting and full range of engineering & business solutions. When it comes to design, we are the first choice of leading companies across the globe.
Cad drafting service India, cad drawing outsourcing service India, Paper to Autocad conversion India, construction document set, ISBEM, EPC, Energy Performance Certificates, Home Plans, Archicad.
Personal contact info – firstname.lastname@example.org
Permanent Address :- Montville, NJ
CEO and co-founder at Cloudsmallbusinessservice.com