Top 11 Secure Document Management Software Solutions
Essentially, document security ensures that unauthorized persons cannot access your business documents. It might not be possible to do this with 100% effectiveness but an attempt should be made to see that security breaches occur extremely rarely.
How Do Security Breaches Occur?
Security breaches occur at points of vulnerability in your document management system. Examples include:
- In a paper based system, document security can be breached when the paper is lying around unattended during its transit, at a user’s table, or in the filing section.
- A paper document can also be misplaced or disposed off carelessly and fall into the hands of unauthorized persons.
- In a computer system, an unauthorized person could access a document that is accessible through an unattended computer, and copy it to a removable media for taking out.
- External hackers can steal your passwords and access your documents using software tools or other means.
Who would be Interested in Your Business Documents?
There are certain categories of persons who can be very interested in your business documents:
- Competitors who would like to have full details about your competitive strategies and business plans.
- Dishonest employees and outsiders who would like to make a quick buck stealing the documents and selling them to competitors.
- Disgruntled employees with some grievance who would like to damage your business in some way, say by wiping out a whole disk of documents.
- Malicious persons who take pleasure in hacking into computer systems and damaging it in different ways.
How Do You Prevent Security Breaches
Certain procedures can make it very difficult to access documents in an unauthorized manner and minimize security breaches to the extent possible.
Read More: Top 8 Electronic Document Management System
- Document access should be restricted to authorized persons who are given access rights and passwords that they must use before than can access any document
- Access rights to highly confidential and sensitive documents would be given only to a few highly trusted persons
- All employees would be trained to follow secure working methods and the system would also have features that can, say, shut down a computer if left unattended for a certain time (and would require passwords to open it for use)
- Firewall software can restrict access to the system to allowed entities thus preventing malicious software from entering
- Antivirus and antispyware software can detect and prevent/remove these kinds of malicious programs
- Data encryption tools can make it possible to transmit sensitive documents in a way that makes it practically impossible to steal them during transmission
- An audit trail can record what each person did with the documents that person accessed
Secure document management software will help you on your system so as to ensure genuine communication.
Top 11 Secure Document Management Software Solutions:
Confidently and easily share, manage, and access your most sensitive files and documents using CapLinked secure document management software.
Alfresco’s secure document management software brings content under control with powerful faceted search, smart folders, versioning & BPM workflow capabilities.
Online secure document management from HyperOffice lets you store, organize, view, and share documents securely with your team.
Document Management and Record Management Software that is enterprise grade. FileHold makes documents and records secure compliant and searchable.
AssurX’s document management software automates the storage and management of documents across the enterprise and throughout the document lifespan.
DocuXplorer is a secure, affordable, multi-language document management software solution for small and mid-sized businesses.
Document management software built for construction and engineering. Securely store and distribute documents and work in real time with our version control.
OpenKM is a document management software & record management software easy-to-use which simplify your work and yield efficency.
OpenDocMan is a free, web-based, open source document management system (DMS) written in PHP designed to comply with ISO 17025 and OIE standard for document management.
Record Nations offers Document Scanning Services,Cloud Services, Records Storage, and Document Management Solutions for your business Nationwide.
FileTrail’s Document Management solution bridges the governance gap left by file sharing services and eliminates inconsistent information processes by allowing organizations to implement security controls, policy integration, user permissions and a defined structure.
Personal contact info – firstname.lastname@example.org
Permanent Address :- Montville, NJ
CEO and co-founder at Cloudsmallbusinessservice.com