Top 5 Health Risk Assessment Software
Health risk assessment software has evolved with time. This advancement in health risk assessment technology has been present since the last two decades. The health risk assessment software technology has also evolved as a modern and important tool in understanding the health risks concerning an individual or a group of people. The study of health risks is a discipline which basically consists of 3 components: – health risk research, health risk assessment and health risk management.
Read More: Best Compliance Software For Small Business
Health Risk research by definition is the analysis, collection & interpretation of chemical, biological & physical health risks concerning people and their study on human beings.
Health risk assessment means the characterisation of potential health hazards and adverse effects of exposure of human beings to environmental and other hazards. Moreover, the health risk management is broadly the techniques to understand the health risks and processes and ways to manage them. It is under the Health risk assessment that we use Health risk assessment software to estimate the various kinds of health risks which may affect the people sooner or later.
The health risks are of many kinds and there are different types of Health risk assessment software to assess and estimate them. Some types of Health risk assessment software are so advanced that they are enabled to assess all types of health risks. You can build customised reports of health risks concerning an individual or to the large groups of people and present it to the group managers. On that basis, various kinds of intervention programmes can be introduced to deal with these health risks.
This Health risk assessment software is of great utility for the corporates. They are in various forms like body mass index calculators, diabetes checkers, blood pressure and pulse rate calculators and heart rate estimators which help in estimating the health risks of one person to several people. It can show the total health risk assessment of a person to the various types of health risks for a group of people. This also helps in demonstrating the most common health risks for people working in a particular organisation to not so common ones. You can also make a chart showing the most dangerous of health risks among the people and their threat in future. However, for this you have to correctly give your physical details and your lifestyle habits. Incorrect or false details will of course lead to the wrong results.
Read More: Top 14 HIPAA Compliance Software Solutions
Using health risk assessment software has this kind of drawback that if the details are not entered properly or if the health details are false then the results can be wrong. This will give the wrong interpretation of results as well. So the intervention programmes would not help you in that case or keep you unaware of the real problem.
Health risk assessment software is a very important tool for the health risk assessment but it should be used properly or under the proper guidance. This is a scientific tool for assessing the health risks so the results are more or less accurate. So if they show or indicate any health problem then it should be taken seriously.
Components of Health Risk Assessment Software
A health risk assessment software is a great development in the field of health risk assessment and wellness programs. It is the foundation of any successful wellness program. There are many reasons why health risk assessment software scores over traditional methods of health risk assessment the primary ones being their objective nature, the ease of use, safe data storage and ability to disseminate large volumes of data to provide accurate health risk assessment both at an individual level and for the organization as a whole.
A health risk assessment software has multiple components and we should understand the significance of each part in detail
1. Questionnaire: This is the backbone or the primary data input source for a health risk assessment software. It contains questions about height, weight, age, gender, family history, tobacco and alcohol use, life style and other important details from the respondents. Most health risk assessment softwares have both options for filling the questionnaire online as well as paper based. The preferred one off course is the online as data storage is simpler and more accurate but in many organizations all employees do not have access to a computer.
2. Simple Calculators: These are basic calculators which allow you do get a high level view of Fat content, Body Mass (BMI), Waist to Hip Ratio, Daily energy expenditure, Calories burnt for different activities, Smoking Costs, Target heart rate etc. These simple health risk assessment software calculators give a quick idea of how healthy you are and if you face a risk for heart disease, diabetes and cholesterol etc.
3. Main Program: This is the engine of the health risk assessment software. It processes all the data that you have and uses inbuilt regression equation and other statistical tools to arrive at how healthy you are and also gives a probability estimate of any major risk occurring to you. The output generally is in the form of categories like extremely low risk, low risk, medium risk, high risk and very high risk for multiple ailments. It also gives you the reasons why you face a particular risk. E.g. you might be of normal weight but smoke a lot or have a family hypertension history so your health risk for a cardiovascular disease is more than another person with similar physical attributes. This is the unique proposition of a health risk assessment software that it is able to process multiple factor to give a single output which is simple to understand.
4. Lifestyle Change Recommendations: This is the next stage of a health risk assessment software where in it correlates individual health risk with remedial measures. It has a database written by experts which matches your health risks and other factors to come up with suggestions for changing your lifestyle.
5. Reports: This is output of the health risk assessment software. It is produced at two levels, first for each individual in the form of assessment as well as recommendations for change. The Second one is at a organization level where in it gives key risk face by the organizations overall , it also have recommendations for wellness programs and is the primary input for an health care initiative that the organization plans to undertake.
Some health risk assessment software providers have additional add-ins for tracking wellness programs and also giving a quarterly, annual change report. The key point is the ability to disseminate large data something which a normal doctor cannot and this is reason why health risk assessment software are the preferred choice for organizations planning to become healthy.
Top 5 Health Risk Assessment Software:
Wellsource: A leading provider of health risk assessments and wellness tools for over 35 years. Incorporate our HRA in your population health strategy.
Healthicity is an industry-leading healthcare compliance and medical auditing company, offering both software solutions and services. Our next-gen compliance and auditing software simplify the operations of healthcare providers of all types.
At TRALE, we specialize in building customized health risk assessment (HRA) tools to meet your needs… and we can do it quickly and afford-ably, too.
Inova’s mission is to improve the health of the diverse communities we serve in Virginia and DC through excellence in patient care, education and research.
RA Health’s risk assessment software tool includes up-to-date versions of clinically recognized models, including Tyrer-Cusick 6 and 7, BRCAPro, Claus, Myriad, Gail, PREMM and MMRpro models, into a single assessment tool that runs the models and then helps manage the patients identified as high risk.