Top 6 Best Mortgage Calculator in UK | 2018
There are many websites with a mortgage calculator UK to show you how much you can borrow, helping you quickly. Have you ever stopped and thought about how long it will take you to pay it back.
Making a few wise decisions right now will save you many years of payments and lots of money. Really, you don’t need 20 or 30 years to pay back your mortgage. You can do it in a fraction of that time.
The time it takes you to finish paying back your UK mortgage can be changed after you got the mortgage, but the decisions you make now will most probably have a much bigger effect.
I see that websites for mortgage calculator UK advertise that they can give you the best quotes by only filling in a form that takes 5 minutes to do. It is quick and easy. I am sure they might be able to do it, but how much will you really save? It is a good thing to get the best mortgage rates, any saving is still a saving.
What I am trying to say is that there is many better ways to save yourself lots of money on your mortgage. Getting the best mortgage is only a very small part of it.
Lets’ first look at things that will have a very big effect on you paying much more than you should for your home. Here are a list of some things:
- Getting the biggest possible mortgage you can afford and buying a big property that you don’t really need because of possible future profits.
- Paying the absolute minimum on your mortgage each month thinking you are busy paying less.
- Spending all your income each month and making extra loans or getting more credit.
- Getting the biggest possible mortgage when interest rates are very low.
- Getting behind on your payments.
- Extending your mortgage amortization term, meaning you change a 20 year mortgage to a 30 year one or something similar.
These are just a few things that will make you pay thousands more than you should have in the first place. These are some of the reasons that is actually robbing people from their hard earned cash to make the banks or similar institutions rich.
Like I wrote there is nothing wrong with looking for a good mortgage rate. But spending most of your time doing only that is like looking for a bargain in a very expensive shop.
You might find a bargain but you will still pay a lot for it. The way to get a much better return on your property investment is to start thinking differently. Thinking and doing the correct things will save you much more than a small or sometimes even a big drop in your mortgage interest rate.
You could be paying 20% to 30% less for the same house as what others around you are paying. It is really not that difficult. If you do things right from the start and keep doing it correctly, you could pay even much less than 70% of what your neighbour would pay for the same house. At the same time paying it back in a fraction of a time they do it in.
If you think this sounds to good to be true I can assure you there is many people doing it. Unfortunately it is far too few people.
Go do some calculations and see how much less you can pay by only doing the following few things:
- Look for a little more affordable house and put it’s amount in as the mortgage amount. Keep the payments the same as it would have been should you have bought the property that you currently have in mind.
- See what effect it has when you stop spending your whole salary and putting the extras in your mortgage. Put a small amount as extra payment into the calculator and see the effect.
- Now put a little bigger amount in and see how the total mortgage cost changes.
- Calculate how much extra you will be able to pay should you drive your vehicle a few years longer or if you didn’t buy such a big vehicle. Then put that into the extra payments of the calculator as well.
You should see that with only these few examples it is very possible to pay back your UK mortgage much quicker than you thought and pay much less than most people. The exciting part is that there are many other mortgage overpayment techniques to use.
Top 6 Best Mortgage Calculator in UK:
Halifax – The people who give you extra. Apply today for bank accounts, savings accounts, ISAs, loans, mortgages, credit cards and more.
From current accounts, mortgages and insurance, to loans, credit cards and saving accounts – see how we can help you. Let’s go forward.
Mortgage Tools and Calculators. Use our handy mortgage calculators to find out how much you could borrow or compare mortgage payments.
The mortgage calculator shows our current deals and interest rates with monthly payments and can give you an idea of how much you could borrow..
Our calculators are here to help you select and understand how your mortgage can work for you. We have a range of calculators to help make things simpler for you, from finding a mortgage to calculating payments.
Visit TSB today and get some help with all of your personal finance needs including various bank accounts, loans, mortgages and other financial services.